About Wild Paths Guiding
IFMGA Mountain Guide
Ski, Alpine, Rock, Ice
Active by nature, Joseph grew up exposed to the family farm in South Georgia where a hard day's work was deeply ingrained in him. Far from mountains, he was introduced to the cliffs of gneiss tucked into the southern Appalachians. After cutting his teeth on rock routes during his younger years, he moved out West, where training in the alpine and expeditions became an integral part of his life.
Joseph's dedication to the mountains awarded him a proficiency in many different styles of climbing including traditional, alpine, ice and mixed. His fondness and contagious devotion to ski mountaineering does not go unnoticed among his partners and guests. When he’s not in his backyard, these passions lead him to the Alps and Alaska each year in pursuit of shared climbing and ski objectives.
Joseph is an IFMGA Licensed Mountain Guide, Wilderness First Responder, LNT Trainer, AAA Avalanche Instructor and Avalanche Forecaster. In 2017, he created Wild Paths Guiding to provide uplifting and zealous experiences while rock, ice and alpine climbing, backcountry and ski mountaineering in a variety of venues worldwide.
- Guiding the first ascent of the Peasant Pillar (1,400’ 15p 5.10+ C2) – Alaska
- First ascent of Mount Mason via Busta Rhymes (3,000’ M4 80deg) – Alaska
- First ascent and partial ski descent of Mount Stansfield via Chamo (3,700’ 70deg) – Alaska
- New route on the Citadel via Borealis Face (2,000’ 85deg ice) – Alaska
- First ascent of Rise and Shine via Superfly Couloir (1,700’ AI5 M6 A2) – Alaska
- Guiding, climbing, and/or skiing, in most domestic ranges and many international venues including the Alps, Himalaya, South America, Canada, and beyond.